CBCT: 3D imaging
3D imaging with cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) and other 3D modalities is the path to the future of dentistry for major improvements in radiographic diagnosis, treatment planning and digital dentistry. Ample research has shown that 2D imaging has reached the end of the road in terms of potential for improvements. CBCT technology has provided a low dose and relatively low cost means of providing 3D imaging of the maxillofacial region for dentistry and has the potential to become an essential component of a modern dental practice. This course is designed to familiarize each participant with the fundamentals of cone beam computed tomography technology and its many applications to dentistry.
- Understand CBCT principles, applications, radiation dosimetry, risks and the importance of applying selection criteria.
- The interpretive process: Learn how to go through a volume and Identify abnormal findings and the importance of a systematic review.
- Review 3D anatomy and the radiographic signs of disease
-What to Expect-
3 Tracks of utilization, with live demos lead by dentist using the technology on a daily basis
- CEREC Intro- Experience CEREC CAD/CAM hands on, from digital impression to custom abutment fabrication. Doctors will scan and fabricate using CEREC. (Limited to 15 doctors)
- Digitally Guided Implantology hands on- digitally guided implant surgery planning and guide fabrication, including live guided implant surgery (Live Patient)
- 3D imaging- Seeing and doing more. Introduction to 3D CBCT radiography, diagnosis, interpretation, hands on acquisition of images for diagnosis, treatment planning and presentation. Will also cover introduction to airway analysis and medical billing opportunities.
Example Itinerary (Speakers May Change Per Expo)